Weekday dinners can be a bit of a headache. I don’t know about you, but when I get home from work, all I want to do is unwind and take it easy. However, like many others, my responsibilities don’t end when I leave the office. So last night, I was particularly tired (lazy), so I whipped together a quick and easy meal that took about 20 minutes, including the preparation time.
- 1 potato
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 strips of bacon
- Garlic paste
- Chili sauce or powder
- Dhana Jeera
- Chipolatas (if you wish)
- Olive oil for frying
1) Chop up (dice) the tomatoes, potatoes and bacon.
2) Shallow fry the chipolatas. Keep turning until well browned all over.
3) Shallow fry the potatoes. Add garlic paste, salt, pepper and chili (Sauce or powder, whatever).
4) Add in the bacon and continue to cook until the bacon is cooked.
5) Add in the tomatoes and dhana jeera. Stir and simmer for another 3-5 minutes, stir every 20 seconds or so..
The final product. With mayonnaise and mustard, because..duh
First of all, Kongoni camp is on my list of places to visit in Nanyuki. The bar area is rather fantastic, as is the food, the staff and even the owner. As a sports enthusiast, I rather appreciate sports bars or even sport ‘themed’ bars, especially those with good food. This past weekend, a friend and I visited Kongoni camp for a drink (or two) and a massage.
Meals come with this delicious assortment of breads
Edwin, the owner
We both had a Swedish massage and GOODNESS was it good…perfect ambiance, great masseuse and an overall wonderful massage.
Our Swedish massage lasted about an hour to an hour and a half, I zoned out completely so I’m not sure. After the massage, the masseuse offers you a selection of herbal teas and there is a sitting area near the massage areas where you can have your tea.
From the Spa’s menu
Visit their website for more information- http://www.kongonicamp.com/spa/