Looking for a ‘different’ breakfast option that is still relatively simple? Breakfast egg muffins! It doesn’t take too long to prepare, isn’t too technical and is quite yummy 😉
(This recipe makes 12 muffins)
You will need:-
- 5 eggs
- half a glass of milk
- a bowl of grated cheese (you may choose how much you want to use)
- Assorted diced vegetables. I used; 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 carrot and 1 courgette
- 4 chipolatas (cut up)
- some strips of bacon (cut up)
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Chilli powder and garlic powder
Equipment:- a large bowl, an oven, muffin/cupcake tin, oil for greasing the tin, a frying pan
1. Dice your vegetables and cut up your choice of meat. Feel free to use a combination of any vegetables or meat that you have! (It’s supposed to be a ‘no stress’ meal after all). Grease the muffin tin with your choice of oil and preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. If the meat you have chosen is raw, cook it with a little oil. If you are using already cooked, leftover meat, you just need to cut it into smaller pieces.
3. Beat the eggs, add in the milk and spices..then add in all the vegetables and continue to mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into the greased muffin tins. Pour in your choice of meat (evenly distribute them). Top with grated cheese.
5. Bake at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes. Remove it when it appears solid and has began to brown.