A decadent and carb-free Pizza option..homemade and yummy!!
What you will need-
For the crust
- A whole Cauliflower
- Chicken Breast (I used 3 in total for both the crust and the topping)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp crushed Garlic
- Spices: Salt, Black pepper, Chilli powder and Oregano
For the topping
- Chicken Breast
- Veggies of choice- Mushrooms, Onions, Cherry Tomatoes & Spring onion to garnish)
- Mozzarella cheese
For the Crust-
- Break the cauliflower into pieces, wash and boil for about 20 minutes or until soft. Once ready, strain and smash (I used a potato masher but if you have a food processor that’s better). Wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out all the liquid from the crushed cauliflower.
- Boil all the chicken breasts with salt and pepper (store liquid to use as chicken stock another time). Remove and shred the chicken, divide half for the crust and half for the topping.
- Mix an egg into the cauliflower and add in the spices and garlic. Add in half the shredded chicken and mix well. Grease baking paper lightly and shape the mixture into a pizza crust. Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes.
Main Crust ingredients
Add spices, egg and garlic
Shape on baking tray
For the Topping-
- Chop up your choice of veggies, I used onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spring onion as garnish. Grate the mozzarella. Add some spices to the chicken; I used salt, pepper, a bit of chicken masala, chili powder and cumin.
- Layer toppings as desired and bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes.
The Final step
Layer of Chicken then mushrooms
Add on tomatoes and onions
Layer of Cheese
Garnish with Spring onions and serve!
All you need, and veg oil to deep fry
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 large beer
- 1 egg
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper
- Fish fillets (I used 4, sliced in half)
Step 1: Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour and spices). Stir in the egg and beer and mix well.
Mix dry ingredients
Add in egg and beer, mix well
Step 2: Preheat the oil. Dry the fish fillets and coat lightly in flour. Dip floured fillets in the batter and deep fry. Turn over to ensure it is evenly fried, once ready, drain excess oil and set aside.
Dry and lightly flour the fillets
Drain excess oil
Serve with a wedge of lime. I had some excess batter, so made some onion rings as well. Enjoy!
Mince Cheese cups are a great snack or meal idea. For this very simple version, I had leftover mince & beans and wanted something ‘different’….
You only need 3 ingredients and a cupcake baking tray:
- Your choice of leftover/precooked Meat
- Grated Cheese
- Spring roll/Samosa Pastry Sheets
3 ingredients and a baking tray
Instructions: Place Spring roll pastry sheets in each tray ‘hole’, to form the cups. I only used 1 sheet per cup, but I advise that you double layer it…. Then, put your selected precooked meat in each cup and cover with cheese.
Spring roll Pastry
Fill with meat…
Sprinkle grated cheese…
Bake at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes and ENJOY!
Mince Cheese Cups
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! How about a home cooked dinner for your sweetheart sugar bae lover 🙂 Cheaper than eating out and not too time consuming..Le go!
So this dinner for two is grilled Prawns and a pastry I am calling Garlic Cheese Puffs served with a simple salad. What you will need:-
Garlic Cheese Puffs
- Puff Pastry
- Crushed Garlic
- Grated Cheese
- An egg (to brush)
- a teaspoon of Olive Oil
Steps: Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 8 equal strips. Mix the crushed garlic and olive oil, spread evenly on the center of each strip. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the garlic. Roll over and seal the pastries. Arrange the pastries on greased baking paper and brush with egg wash . Bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes.
….And it is ready!
- Half a Kg Queen Prawns (Peeled)
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 5 large Limes/Lemons
- Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Curry Powder and Chili Oil (Optional)
Steps: Squeeze juice from 3 big limes/lemons. Mix Lime juice with crushed garlic, add to the prawns, throw in all the spices and mix (I left it to marinade for about an hour before cooking). Put the prawns on skewers and Grill for about 5 minutes! Brush with any remaining marinade and put back on the grill for another 3-5…and Serve! Serve with a squeeze of the remaining limes.
(I served the meal with salad, coriander, onions and tomatoes tossed in balsamic vinegar and a little lime.)
Mishkaki is Swahili for an East African version of meat skewers, typically beef alternated with vegetables.
- Beef cubes
- Green pepper
- A large Onion
- Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Beef Masala and Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- Wooden skewers
The best thing about home-made mishkaki/beef and veg skewers is that the preparation is very simple and relatively quick. Also, I hear some folks recommend soaking the skewers in water overnight so they don’t burn in the oven, I didn’t though and it was okay.
Step 1: Add salt, black pepper, beef masala, chili powder and veg oil to the beef cubes and mix. Cut the onion and green pepper into cubes. Alternate the meat and vegetables on each skewer. Arrange on a grilling tray…
Ready for the oven
..Really ready for the oven
Step 2: Bake at 180 °C for about 20-25 minutes. Depending on how well done you like your meat, you can decide when to take it out…And serve..
In the oven..
..After the oven
A favorite the world over and with so many options and ideas to choose from. Voila! My take on simple sticky chicken wings in 3 steps…le go!
- Half a kg-1 kg of raw Chicken Wings
- Half a cup of Honey
- Half a cup of Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Corn flour (Optional)
- Chili Oil/Chili Powder
- Salt, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- Cooking Oil (like a teaspoon)
Cut the wings into 3 pieces, at the joints. Coat in corn flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Spread on a grill tray and bake at 200 °C for 40 minutes.
Cut on the joints
Ready for the oven..
Set aside the baked chicken wings. Heat a frying pan and add some cooking oil, chili oil and chili powder (you’ll feel it when you inhale through your nose), stir. Add in the ketchup and honey, stir. Check the flavor after about 3 minutes and adjust to taste. Add in the wings and stir until well coated.
Throw in the chicken wings
Remove from heat and spread out on a baking tray (use baking paper or grease it). Bake at 220°C for 5 minutes.
Fresh from the oven!
Ready to Serve!
(I served it with a simple salad tossed in balsamic vinegar)