Mince Cheese cups are a great snack or meal idea. For this very simple version, I had leftover mince & beans and wanted something ‘different’….
You only need 3 ingredients and a cupcake baking tray:
- Your choice of leftover/precooked Meat
- Grated Cheese
- Spring roll/Samosa Pastry Sheets
3 ingredients and a baking tray
Instructions: Place Spring roll pastry sheets in each tray ‘hole’, to form the cups. I only used 1 sheet per cup, but I advise that you double layer it…. Then, put your selected precooked meat in each cup and cover with cheese.
Spring roll Pastry
Fill with meat…
Sprinkle grated cheese…
Bake at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes and ENJOY!
Mince Cheese Cups
Lazy day cooking! Life as a student taught me to be a bit creative with minimal ingredients. This is one of my ‘broke week meals’ and it is also very simple to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
- 2 packets of ramen noodles
- a tin of tuna
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes (diced/sliced)
- 1 onion (diced or sliced)
- garlic and ginger (if you don’t have one or the other, that’s fine)
- Spices:- salt, pepper, chilli powder, turmeric and curry powder
1.Heat the frying pan and throw in the onions, add in the garlic and ginger and stir. Add the turmeric, stir.
with the garlic and ginger
Add in the turmeric
2. Add in the tuna and mix it up. Then add in the tomatoes and mix it up. Add all the spices.
Add in the tuna and mix
Add in the tomatoes and mix
How it looks so far
3. Beat your eggs and pour them in. Mix it up.
4. I prefer to boil water, put in a container and drop the noodles in there for about 5 minutes. After that, add in the noodles and mix.
Noodles in boiling hot water for about 5 mins
Add in the noodles
And Voila! Your 20 minute meal is served 🙂
Hello folks, been a few minutes ey…
You will need:-
- Fish fillets (I used 3 Tilapia fillets, available in any supermarket usually)
- Flour (I used all purpose flour and didn’t have breadcrumbs at the time)
- 2 Eggs
- Half a cup of milk
- A teaspoon of soy sauce
- Spices:- Salt, Pepper, Chilli powder and Garlic powder
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
(Simple enough yes…very good!)
1.Slice the fillet in half and then into strips.
Sliced into half..
2.Preheat the oil for frying. Put sliced pieces in a bowl and season generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce and chilli powder. Add a table-spoon of flour and mix. Prepare your egg bath by beating 2 eggs in a bowl with half a cup of milk (I add a bit of salt and pepper to this). Have your flour ready in a bowl as well.
mix it up
Dip, dip, fry
3.Once the oil is hot enough, piece by piece, dip the fish pieces in the egg bath, then the flour and then into the frying pan. Fry until golden brown, turning it occasionally to ensure it is cooked/browned evenly. (Disclaimer: There are many ways to coat your fishies, this is not the only method, but it works, tastes good and is quick).
Into the egg bath..
…then the flour…
…then the frying pan
4.Put the fish fingers on some kitchen tissue/serviette to drain excess oil and serve 🙂 I served it with Tartar sauce….
- Grated cheese
- Chipolatas or regular farmer’s choice sausages
1.Fry the bacon until cooked. Fry/scramble the eggs and add salt and pepper. Slice your baguette in half.
2. Fill the baguette with scrambled eggs, add the bacon on top, add another layer of scrambled eggs and top with grated cheese.
3. Put in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees C. Serve with sausages or chipolatas.
Breakfast Sub with Sausages
Pizza is WONDERFUL! If I could, I really would eat pizza every day. Here is a simple pizza recipe that I use:-
- Store bought Pizza dough (I buy mine at chandarana. A Packet of 4 is under 250 ksh)
- Crushed garlic
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- minced meat
- Grated cheese (I like mozzarella)
1. Mix 2 teaspoons of tomato paste, 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic, 2 table spoons of olive oil, salt, oregano and basil in a bowl.
2. Chop up the chipolatas and fry with minced meat until cooked. Add Royco (about a teaspoon)salt and pepper.
3. Spread the Pizza sauce on the pizza dough and spread the meat on top.
4. Slice the onion into rings and spread them on top of the meat. Sprinkle the grated cheese.
5. Bake at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it though, burnt cheese is yucky 😉 …
Weekday dinners can be a bit of a headache. I don’t know about you, but when I get home from work, all I want to do is unwind and take it easy. However, like many others, my responsibilities don’t end when I leave the office. So last night, I was particularly tired (lazy), so I whipped together a quick and easy meal that took about 20 minutes, including the preparation time.
- 1 potato
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 strips of bacon
- Garlic paste
- Chili sauce or powder
- Dhana Jeera
- Chipolatas (if you wish)
- Olive oil for frying
1) Chop up (dice) the tomatoes, potatoes and bacon.
2) Shallow fry the chipolatas. Keep turning until well browned all over.
3) Shallow fry the potatoes. Add garlic paste, salt, pepper and chili (Sauce or powder, whatever).
4) Add in the bacon and continue to cook until the bacon is cooked.
5) Add in the tomatoes and dhana jeera. Stir and simmer for another 3-5 minutes, stir every 20 seconds or so..
The final product. With mayonnaise and mustard, because..duh